Monday, May 13, 2013

Project 6: Blender Self Portrait












I think of this as named something like "Homage to Doing Things Elsewhere" or "Doing Other Things" cos I did it late, and instead of doing the things I should, I played Minecraft. It is a block dinosaur, and is based on a napkin doodle I drew of myself as a dinosaur while eating shwarma. 



I make cartoon doodles of myself a lot, and I chose this one because me and Lizzy already got the idea of a dinosaur Mikki for this project. The blocks thing come from the New Aesthetic reading, where I really like the sculptures artists who made 3D pixel and voxel sculptures of objects and animals, and from Minecraft. I really dig Minecraft.

 I made the dinosaur by arranging tons of the same sized blocks, as if I were to make it in Minecraft. It's not colored, which adds to the low-res look and I think makes it seem more structural, rather than organic. Since it is made up of the same shape just copied and moved around, I have become a lot more familiar with navigating and moving objects in Blender. I like Blender, and really want to keep practicing with it, and learn all the different things it can do. For a free program, it's pretty swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment